Compression tensile bench (5)
Accessories for test stand and dynamometer (28)
Specific test stands (2)
High Capacity dynamometers (2)
Electronic dynamometers (5)
Mechanical dynamometers (3)
What is a high capacity dynamometer and what is its use?
The equipment is designed to measure forces from 0.5T to over 50T. They are used to check the strength and conformity of lifting equipment, cranes and handling tools. They have a high strength coefficient and are equipped with shackles and hooks. They are used in the aeronautical, railway, space, maritime transport and shipbuilding sectors.
They exist in mechanical and electronic versions with remote display.
ACRN also offers tension/compression benches coupled with a dynamometer or a loadcell.
What is a traction-compression bench?
The traction-compression bench is an electrical machine that allows programmed up/down movements. Connected to an electronic dynamometer or load cell.
What is the purpose of the traction-compression bench?
- Resistance to stress (e.g. measuring the breakage of a cable/fabric)
- Tensile/compression stress (e.g. the crushing force of a yoghurt)
- Fatigue tests (e.g.: resistance over time of an opening/closing mechanism after 10,000 cycles)
- Bending (e.g. bending of a tennis racket under stress)
- Friction (e.g. measurement of the friction coefficient of an anti-slip material)
- Resistance to elongation (e.g. study of the elongation of an elastic material)
- Fracture tests (e.g. measurement of the breaking strength of a plastic component)
- Slip/friction coefficient (e.g. measuring the slip coefficient of a plastic film used in a packaging process)
There are models of various capacities and with different levels of technology. They can be equipped with a control panel, or driven by a computer and/or linked to software. Thus, it is possible to set up standard tests including reports, to record numerous results, to do curve analysis.
Is a tension-compression test simple to set up?
Several factors need to be taken into account when setting up a tensile, compression or strength test.
The choice of equipment (dynamometer, test bench and tooling) depends on
- The forces to be measured (low or high capacity)
- The nature of the test (breakage test, deformation, tearing, coefficient of friction or sliding coefficient, crushing resistance, etc.)
- The standard of the test, if any, to be met.
What is expected from the test: simple measurement, rupture, curve, acquisition frequency.
But it is also necessary to take into account the potential future needs in order to choose the right equipment. Software-controlled tensile testers are great laboratory tools but may not be useful for production testing in industry.
ACRN is both a manufacturer of these dynamometers and also partners with proven brands, including Mecmesin. We can therefore offer you equipment adapted to your present and future needs, while respecting your budgets and constraints.